Let's Rebuild &
By Zahid Ikram
Many countries are
looking forward to a corruption-free Government.
The essence of e-governance is to reach the beneficiary and
ensure that the services intended to reach the desired individual
has been met with. There should be an auto-response to support the
essence of e-governance, whereby the Government realizes the
efficacy of its governance. E-governance is by the governed, for the
governed and of the governed.
Government to Citizen Customer (G2C)
- The goal of government-to-customer (G2C) e-governance is to
offer a variety of ICT services to citizens in an efficient and
economical manner, and to strengthen the relationship between
government and citizens using technology.
- There are several methods of government-to-customer
e-governance. Two-way communication allows citizens to instant
message directly with public administrators, and cast remote
- Transactions such as payment of services, such as Utilities
Billing, can be paid online or over the phone.
- Services such as Name or Address changes, Applying for
Utilities Services or Grants, or Transferring Existing Services
are more convenient and no longer have to be completed face to
Government to Employees (G2E)
- E-Governance to Employee partnership (G2E) Is one of main
primary interactions in the delivery model of E-Governance. G2E
is adopted in many countries including the United States, Hong
Kong and New Zealand. E-Governance relationship with Employees
allows new learning technology in one simple place as the
computer. Documents can now be stored and shared with other
colleagues online. E-governance makes it possible for employees
to become paperless and makes it easy for employees to send
important documents back and forth to colleagues instead of
having to print out these records or fax.
- G2E services also include software for maintaining personal
information and records of employees. Some of the benefits of
G2E expansion include:
- E-benefits – be able to look up what benefits an employee is
receiving and what benefits they have a right to.
- E-training – allows for new and current employees to
regularly maintain the training they have through the
development of new technology and to allow new employees to
train and learn over new materials in one convenient location.
E-learning is another way to keep employees informed on the
important materials they need to know through the use of
visuals, animation, videos, etc. It is usually a computer-based
learning tool, although not always. It is also a way for
employees to learn at their own pace (distance learning),
although it can be instructor-led.
- Maintaining records of personal information – Allows the
system to keep all records in one easy location to update with
every single bit of information that is relevant to a personal
- G2E is an effective way to provide e-learning to the
employees, bring them together and to promote knowledge sharing
Government to Government (G2G)
- Many governments around the world have gradually turned to
Information technologies (IT) in an effort to keep up with
today's demands. Historically, many governments in this sphere
have only been reactive but up until recently there has been a
more proactive approach in developing comparable services such
things as e-commerce and e-business.
- The framework of such organization is now expected to
increase more than ever by becoming efficient and reducing the
time it takes to complete an objective. Some examples include
paying utilities, tickets, and applying for permits. So far, the
biggest concern is accessibility to Internet technologies for
the average citizen. In an effort to help, administrations are
now trying to aid those who do not have the skills to fully
participate in this new medium of governance, especially now as
e-government progressing to more e-governance terms.
Government to Business (G2B)
- Government-to-Business (G2B) is the online non-commercial
interaction between local and central government and the
commercial business sector with the purpose of providing
businesses information and advice on e-business 'best
- G2B: Refers to the conduction through the Internet between
government agencies and trading companies.
- B2G: Professional transactions between the company and the
district, city, or federal regulatory agencies.
- B2G usually include recommendations to complete the
measurement and evaluation of books and contracts.
- The objective of G2B is to reduce difficulties for business,
provide immediate information and enable digital communication
by e-business (XML). In addition, the government should re-use
the data in the report proper, and take advantage of commercial
electronic transaction protocol..
- Government services are concentrated to the following
groups: human services; community services; judicial services;
transport services; land resources; business services; financial
services and other. Each of the components listed above for each
cluster of related services to the enterprise.
List of Reforms/Innovative Ideas
Stop Leader’s Worship
Tax Culture Promotion & FBR Reforms
TV Media Reforms